Why a Case Research Center at IIMC?
- IIMC is a premier management institute in the world that uses cases in several of its courses taught to postgraduate students, and participants in MDPs.
- Students at our institute are extremely responsive when it comes to case participation and the student community frequently makes it known that cases are indeed an effective tool to learn and apply theoretical concepts to practice.
- We have a team of accomplished faculty members who are excellent teachers, effective consultants, and prolific publishers. We have the human resource to oversee, direct, and take part in developing world-class case studies that will be sought after by business schools around the world.
- There are a few institutions that specialize in Indian business cases. The Harvard Business School and the Richard Ivey School of Business are two of the largest producers of case studies in the world. In Asia, The Asia Case Research Center at the University of Hong Kong is the largest producer of Asian business cases. While cases related to Indian businesses are published by all of the above centers, they don’t occupy the major thrust of these centers,
- The distinctive nature of Indian companies and their strategies and managerial styles are becoming important not only to future managers of Indian companies but also to managers world-wide that are interested in seeking expansion opportunities in India. Cases set in the context of developed American, European, or Asian countries are not very appropriate for teaching the intricacies of dealing with the Indian business houses and the Indian government and to address prevalent issues in an emerging market.
- IIMC has close ties with the Indian business community and enjoys an inherent advantage in developing cases in the Indian context as well as that of emerging markets.
- Over the last few years IIMC has developed a strong team of approximately twenty-five faculty members who have been exposed to case teaching, writing and research through recruitment of young faculty from case teaching oriented institutions, and by exposing faculty members to the Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning at the Harvard Business School.
- We believed that with the growing importance of India in the global economy there will be an increasing demand for India focused cases among academicians and practitioners around the world.
- The benefit from the IIMCCRC to IIMC would be in terms of the enhanced reputation that is expected as well as developing a team of faculty members experienced in case teaching, writing and research, and greater knowledge of the Indian business scenario.